Public Health - Idaho North Central District (PH-INCD) and the food industry share responsibility for ensuring that our food supply is safe. Environmental Health provides the following services to ensure a safe food supply:
- Enforce the State of Idaho Rules Governing Food Safety and Sanitation Standards.
- Permit and inspect all regulated food establishments.
- Review plans for new and remodeled food establishments.
- Conduct food management training classes.
- Handle food complaints from the public, investigate complaints, and take corrective actions, if needed.
To view an official copy of the rules, please click here: Idaho Food Code.
View the Summary Comparison of the Updated Idaho Food Code and 2005 Idaho Food Code.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE IDAHO FOOD CODE (PDF)