How can I get involved or volunteer?

During an emergency many people want to help, often times it is challenging for responders to know how to best utilize volunteers and whether they can be trusted with certain jobs. By becoming affiliated with a volunteer organization you can make sure that when your community needs you, you’ll be able to help. Two local volunteer opportunities are the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) and Citizen Emergency Response Team (CERT). The MRC is made up of medically trained professionals that would be called upon to assist in an emergency. The CERT program is made up of citizens that get trained to assist in an emergency.

Learn more at:

Public Health - Idaho North Central District
215 10th Street
Lewiston, ID 83501

Phone: (208) 799-3100
Fax: (208) 799-0349

Idaho Careline: 211

For medical emergencies dial 911.


All information is general in nature and is not intended to be used as a substitute for appropriate professional advice.

For more information please call (208) 799-3100 or Idaho Careline: 211.

Idaho Public Health

Public Health Shield Logo