Proper design, operation, and maintenance of individual and subsurface sewage disposal systems are necessary to prevent contamination and to maintain the quality of groundwater and surface water resources. These systems are regulated by the Idaho Dept. of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Rules for Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems. Public Health - Idaho North Central District provides the following services: On-site Sewage Disposal System
- Issue permits for all new and repaired septic systems. See forms below to download and fill out the Sewage Permit for Site Evaluations.
- Enforce DEQ Rules for Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems.
- Conduct site evaluations to determine the suitability of sites for installation of on-site sewage disposal systems.
- Issue permits for installation of on-site sewage system (septic tank systems).
- Perform inspections of on-site sewage inspection to determine compliance with regulations.
- Investigate sewage complaints and recommend corrective actions.
2022-2023 Septic Installer Training Class Schedule
The training will be in person with a virtual option. Registration will be required and an email must be provided so the link can be sent to join the virtual training.
- Friday December 2nd 8:30am -12:30pm – Lewiston - Basic and Complex Classes
- Monday December 12th 8:30am-12:30pm – Moscow - Basic and Complex Classes
- Monday December 19th 8:30am-12:30pm – Lewiston - Basic and Complex Classes
- Friday January 13th 8:30am-12:30pm – Orofino - Basic and Complex Classes
Please contact your local Public Health Office to reserve a place in the course you plan on attending!
Sewage System Application Forms
Sewage System Installer Training
Basic Sewage Installer Training (13 MB)
Basic On-site Sewage Disposal System Installer Training Contact our office at 208-799-3100 for more information and to register.