If I want to sell food, and I am doing so as a fund raiser, do I still need a permit?

If you are representing a fraternal, benevolent, non-profit organization, you are allowed to sell food or serve one meal per week without a permit.  We still advise that you talk to an Environmental Health Specialist before doing so.

Public Health - Idaho North Central District
215 10th Street
Lewiston, ID 83501

Phone: (208) 799-3100
Fax: (208) 799-0349

Idaho Careline: 211

EPI ISSUES: 1-800-632-8000
For medical emergencies dial: 911.


All information is general in nature and is not intended to be used as a substitute for appropriate professional advice.

For more information please call (208) 799-3100 or Idaho Careline: 211.

Idaho Public Health

Public Health Shield Logo