WIC is a nutrition education program that provides growth and health assessments, referrals to community resources and breastfeeding support. WIC also provides nutritious foods that include fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains that build positive eating habits which can be established and reinforced from the start. There is no cost to eligible families. Eligibility is determined from the following criteria:
- If you satisfy the following:
- You are pregnant
- You are breastfeeding a baby under one year of age
- You have just had a baby
- You have an infant or child under the age of 5
- If you live in Idaho.
- If you have a special nutritional need. A nutrition and health screening is provided at the WIC clinic.
- If you meet the income guidelines in this table: Effective July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013
|Number of Household Members*||Maximum Gross Household Income|
|Per Month||Per Year|
|For each additional individual, add $611/month or $7,326/year * Pregnant women count as two household members|
|Proof of income must be presented at the initial appointment.|
For more information or questions about WIC call the office near you:
If you qualify for WIC based on the above guidelines, please print and fill out an application and bring into the nearest WIC office. If unable to print and fill out an application ahead of time, applications can be found at the nearest WIC office. An appointment will then be made for you following completion of an application.