Proper design, operation, and maintenance of individual and subsurface sewage disposal systems are necessary to prevent contamination and to maintain the quality of groundwater and surface water resources. These systems are regulated by the Idaho Dept. of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Rules for Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems. Public Health Idaho North Central District provides the following services: On-site Sewage Disposal System
- Issue permits for all new and repaired septic systems. See forms below to download and fill out the Sewage Permit for Site Evaluations.
- Enforce DEQ Rules for Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems.
- Conduct site evaluations to determine the suitability of sites for installation of on-site sewage disposal systems.
- Issue permits for installation of on-site sewage system (septic tank systems).
- Perform inspections of on-site sewage inspection to determine compliance with regulations.
- Investigate sewage complaints and recommend corrective actions.
Sewage System Application Forms
- Septic Permit Application (PDF - 316kb)
- Example Plot Plan (PDF)
- Speculative Site Evaluation Form (PDF - 52kb)
- Septic Final/As-Built Subsurface Sewage Disposal Form (PDF - 111kb)
- Mortgage Survey Form (PDF - 72kb)
- Request for Copy of Septic Permit/Site Evaluation (online form)
Sewage System Installer Training
- Basic Sewage Installer Training (Powerpoint - 38mb)
- Basic On-site Sewage Disposal System Installer Training Contact our office at 208-799-3100 for more information and to register.